Our care proceedings solicitors specialise in cases related to child welfare and protection. They provide expert legal advice, support and guidance to families at an early stage when local authorities have concerns about a child to try and avoid the need for court proceedings. If court proceedings are needed our team can support and represent you throughout the process to make sure you have the best chance of a positive outcome for your family.
All of our senior child care solicitors are members of the Children Panel and accredited by the Law Society as specialists within this area. We have a London wide reputation for our effective, sensitive, and child centred work, and our details are included on the lists of specialist solicitors provided by many local authorities to parents and carers of children involved in the PLO process or in care proceedings.
The primary responsibilities of our care proceedings solicitors include:
- Offering expert legal advice, support and guidance to families when a local authority has concerns about a child.
- Attending Pre-Proceedings Meetings (also known as PLO or Public Law Outline meetings) with you and supporting and advising you through the PLO process.
- Representing you at court hearings.
- Considering whether any independent expert evidence is needed to help your case.
- Collaborating with other professionals, such as independent social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, intermediaries and interpreters.
- Preparing, reviewing and advising you in relation to legal documents.
- Negotiating with local authorities and other parties on your behalf.
- Advising you throughout the process to make sure you know what is happening at all times.